ccSensors is an addon which adds sensors to ComputerCraft.
it provides readings from the MC surrounding to lua programs. a reading can be a value as simple as Light level,isRaining,isDay or as complex as the content of a chest or the temperature of IC2 reactor.
Blocks: - Remote Sensor - Sensor Controller
Items: - SensorCard Module (currently available modules: World,Inventory,BuildCraft,IndustrialCraft2) - Transmitter card - Computer Chip
lua API: - sensors - sensorsUI
1. place a Sensor Controller next to a computer
2. open the sensor Controller GUI and hit the "New" button to register a new freq
3. place blank transmitter card in the slot and click "Encode Transmitter"
to get an encoded transmitter to be used with the remote sensor.
4. Place a Remote Sensor (can be placed anywhere) and put the transmitter card in the bottom slot.
(you can rename the Remote Sensor from the default name "Sensor")
5. Place a SensorModule card into the top slot.
6. open the computer terminal and run: /ccSensors/console to run the sample console program.
That's it - you now have a working sensor connected to a computer :)