IO is a reimplementation of the default Lua input / output API defined here, with some features trimmed. Most features should work. If you find a non-working feature, please list it here.
List of non-working features from IO as of ComputerCraft 1.52:
- io.close: Doesn’t exist.
- io.flush: Doesn’t exist.
- io.input: Doesn’t exist.
- io.lines: Doesn't exist.
- io.open: Modes “a+”, “r+”, and “w+” are not supported.
- io.output: Doesn’t exist.
- io.popen: Doesn’t exist.
- io.read: Only allows format string “*l”.
- io.tmpfile: Doesn’t exist.
- file:read: Doesn’t support format string “*n” or a character count.
- file:seek: Doesn’t exist.
- file:setvbuf: Doesn’t exist.
All of the capabilities in this API are also available in the Fs API, along with some other functions not directly related to reading and writing individual files.